GAME MASTER AWARDS – Cold Wars 2018
From the HMGS Academy of Historical Gaming
The Historical Miniatures Gaming Society congratulates the Game Master (GM) awardees selected by their peer GM’s for Cold Wars 2018. The HMGS Game Master Awards program is intended to recognize GMs for convention events which encourage others, and exemplify the highest qualities of the Historical Miniatures Gaming hobby.
Thanks to ALL of our dedicated GMs for their personal contribution and selfless efforts at Cold Wars 2018.
1. Best of Show“The Battle of Gimball’s Landing, July 16, 1863” by John McConnell (28mm ACW).
2. Best of Theme- Joan of Arc- The Loire Valley Campaign, 1429 by John Spiess (28mm Medieval).
3. ‘Pour Encourager Les Autres’ (PELA) Awards: Selected from all historical miniatures events throughout the Convention:
· “Young Frankenstein,” By Robert Kerstetter (28mm Victorian Science Fiction).
· “The Peach Orchard” by Joe Evans (15mm ACW).
· “Raid on U-201” by John Emmett (28mm WWII).
· “Aerodrome 1.1” by Richard Heffner (1/72 WWI).
· “WWI 1914 Austria- Hungary strikes Back! Battle of Limanowa” by Troy Turner (15mm WWI).
· “March or Die” by Michael Fatovic (54mm Colonial).
· “Buccaneer Wars” by Brian Whitaker (28mm Age of Piracy).
· “Al Capone Comes to Schlegel’s Ferry” by Eric Schlegel and the HAWKS (25mm Pulp).
· “Brazen Chariots, The Battle of Medrop” by Adam Wine (15mm WWII).
4. GM Award Judging Teams are veteran GM’s led by previous award winners, all of whom devote their personal convention time as volunteers. GM Judges for Cold Wars 2018 included Pete Panzeri, Devon Start, Nate Barrick, Glenn Kidd, Frank Chadwick, Steve Boegemann, Chris King, Thomas Zimmerman, Cliff Brunken, Jim Mcwee, Kevin Caroll, Dennis O’Toole, Wayne Cooper, Frank Preziosa, Jim McGaughey, Tim Wilson, Frank Sciulli, and Joe Swartz.
We apologize for any inaccurate data or oversights and strongly encourage all GMs to volunteer and support the program.
Club groups and previous award winners are especially welcome as judging teams. To sign-up to help with our next convention, please email the Awards Committee Chair at: email@example.com